We conduct translational research projects across the themes of Diagnostics, Therapeutics and eHealth with Irish and international industry partners.
Our €13m research centre, funded by Science Foundation Ireland and hosted by RCSI, links innovative neurotherapeutics development with genomic and biomarker-based patient stratification, a national eHealth infrastructure and a research-active nationwide clinical network.
Our centre integrates complementary expertise in neuroscience and neurological disease from five leading academic institutions: RCSI, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, NUI Galway and University College Dublin.
We invite partnerships with SMEs and multinational pharmaceutical and biomedical companies in sectors covering:
- digital and biological biomarkers
- diagnostic tools
- therapeutic discovery and development
- eHealth-enabled patient support platforms
- clinical trials
Partnering opportunities with us can include research collaborations (fully- or co-funded) and joint applications for research funding (eg. H2020, NIH).
Benefits to industry partners include access to:
- integrated scientific expertise across neuroscience, clinical neurology, genetics, cell biology, materials chemistry and eHealth
- state-of-the-art infrastructure across 5 specialist research institutions
- national neurological clinical network and trial-ready environment
- genetically-stratified patient population
- favourable co-funding mechanisms
- inherent culture of commercialisation and collaboration with industry
- dedicated grant-writing expertise
We have in-depth experience in industry engagement, technology transfer, IP management and commercialisation. We work closely with the relevant State Agencies and can support partners to obtain appropriate state funding mechanisms.